Church of England News
Diocese of London
- Bishops join leaders of other major faiths to demand climate action at COP26 in Glasgow
Faith leaders have joined together to demand climate action ahead of the worldwide COP26 meeting on climate change in Glasgow.
The new declaration from representatives of religious communities across the United Kingdom…
- Celebrating over 100 Eco Churches in the Diocese of London
Over 100 churches in the Diocese of London have registered as Eco Churches, including 22 new churches in first half of 2021.
Run by the Christian Charity A Rocha UK, Eco…
- General Synod elections 2021: candidates
Below are the names and election addresses for the 2021 General Synod Elections.
This year, for those who have provided an email address, the whole of the elections – both nomination…
- Bishop of London and capital’s churches welcome Afghan refugees
The Bishop of London has paid tribute to the courage of Afghan refugees, as churches across the capital continue to work on the front line in welcoming thousands of people…
- Area Council elections 2021
Elections to the five Area Councils in the Diocese take place in 2021.
Issue of Notice of Election and Nomination Forms
Fri 3 September
Closing Date for Return of Nomination Forms
Mon 18 October…
- ‘We are the winter people’ – the collected poems of Jenny Rowbory
“This is a vital, fluent, sometimes funny, sometimes heart-breaking collection about the reality of suffering, by a poet whose energy and grace are always salted with wryness.”
Martyn Halsall, The Church…
- Supporting new arrivals from Afghanistan
As the disaster in Afghanistan unfolds, hundreds of Afghans and their families are being evacuated to the UK and are in need of assistance.
Those being evacuated are Afghan interpreters and…
- A prison chaplain: My year in lockdown
Rev Dr Bob Mayo, the Anglican Chaplain at HMP Wormwood Scrub, shares reflections on his role.
Chaplains need churches, as our origin dictates – St Martin of Tours cut his cloak…
- Closing date approaches for annual parish returns, energy footprint tool
The deadline for entering your parish data in the national Annual Returns system closed for most of its sections, during the summer. However, the Energy Footprint Tool (EFT) remains open…
- Common Fund 2022: A message from the Bishop of London
The Common Fund pays for the church’s mission and ministry across the Diocese of London and allows us to put a vicar in nearly every parish.
For the full information and…
Email subscription will be available soon.